Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Atlantic City, NJ

This trip was taken in April '08. It was my present to my husband for his birthday. He LOVES Santana (I do too) who happened to be playing on his birthday in Atlantic City (1 hour 1/2 drive from where we live). My husband had been to Atlantic City before, I had never been.

HOTEL: After looking at the different hotels (frankly, many reviews scared me), I ended up booking a room at the BORGATA. It appeared to the best hotel in AC and that's where Santana was playing anyway. But YIKES on that Saturday night room rate! Anyway, the Borgata turned out to be a really nice hotel. I would recommend it to anyone going to AC. The line to check in was LONG (I did read that in some reviews). Our room was on the 31st floor with a nice view of the city. The room was spacious and clean. The indoor pool area is really nice, although we found the heated pool to be small for such a big hotel.


DINNER: We had dinner at OLD HOMESTEAD STEAK HOUSE, one of the fine restaurants at the resort. Our food was FANTASTIC. The portions are HUGE. Both my husband and I felt a little ill after dinner from eating so much! Seriously. If we had to do it again, we would pass on the appetizer. We both had the classic caesar salad for appetizers. For entrees, my husband had the empire cut of prime rib 32 oz, on the bone. I had the petit filet mignon 10 oz, hash brown, demi glaze. We shared an order of steak fries. Have I mentioned how HUGE the portions are?? For desserts, he had the big fat chocolate cake and I had creme brulee. YUM! With a glass of wine and a non-alcoholic beer, dinner came to $156 (before tip). This was a GREAT dinner.


MORE FOOD: We had breakfast at THE METROPOLITAN (at the Borgata). We had an omelette and scrambled eggs and it was all very good. We also had a dessert snack at BREAD + BUTTER (at the Borgata). My husband had the fudgy brownie and I had the tiramisu. YUMMY!

ATLANTIC CITY: The day we arrived, we walked around the shopping area. I ended up buying a bathing suit at Ralph Lauren and 2 dresses at Max Azria. Wait a minute.. whose birthday was it again?! :-)

The day we left, we stopped by the boardwalk and the beach for me to see what it's all about. I was not impressed. My husband claims the beach is really nice in the summer time. Hmmmmm.... okayyyyy.....  ;-)

  
SANTANA: LOVE him and his band members. The show lasted about 2 hours 1/2 and what a show it was. This is the 4th time we've seen him in concert and he is just THE BEST.VE him and his band members. The show lasted about 2 hours 1/2 and what a show it was. This is the 4th time we've seen him in concert and he is just THE BEST.

No comments:

Post a Comment